Upgrade hardware

I've been running UNRAID on the same old desktop hardware for years and am running out of CPU and memory.  Just got my hands on a Lenovo XEON server and want to change over to it.

I have 6 disks (one being the parity) and the flash drive running the OS.  

I guess the question is how to go about moving everything over?  Is it as simple as installing the USB to the new server, move the drives over and making sure the serial numbers match the drive "letters" in the array and bring it back online?

Sorry if this is too elementary but I have to start somewhere.

Depends if you are using a controller presently or in the new server.  Sometimes they modify the reported serial number. Take screenshot of current disk assignments with their serial numbers and slots.

But in a perfect world yes, just swapping the drives over and the usb drive should just work.  If Unraid detects anything strange with the drives in the new machine it won't start the array to prevent data loss.  So it won't destroy anything if it doesn't detect the right drives.

Edited by jmztaylor