Unraid GUI at boot?

Hi All

After running Unraid for years and multiple upgrades and implementing new and great implementations!

Some where along the way I lost the ability to boot into the local GUI (Firefox).

Yesterday I tried to do a trial install on another USB and the GUI worked perfectly!
I really dont want to start over, installing Unraid again.

So I have always had the boot set to:
image.thumb.png.2e654a9a464764448f16bcedb900c64d.png

But I end up with the Login terminal prompt.

The standard setting on a fresh install looks like this:

image.thumb.png.cd9826ac7f9efc0e93fbf7d1f9efc976.png

I dont see anything prohibiting the GUI in the above settings.

So, is there any command to manual start the GUI after logging in on the terminal (I have Attached a screen).

I would like to see if that would generate any errors in the logs.

Building a new Unraid server (Bought a second full license) I would really like to get "everything" working on the new server! (Without starting over again).

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

The entry for the GUI mode has a comma rather then a space before the /bzroot-gui option.  The options are meant to be space separated, so  having a comma instead will stop the /boot-gui being recognised as an option.

WOUW I cant remember changing anything? (Nice catch!)
So this would probably work: (Moved the pcie_aspm=of back and did the comma.)
image.thumb.png.6b5bd440f6d80d35746052db12a90fa4.png
I have wanted this to work for such a very long time!, thanks so much @itimpi 

Edited by casperse
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 5:53 PM, Veah said:

Did this work?  I've had the same issue since about 6.12.1(ish)

This is actually strange, cloned my Unraid flash for a second server (New license).
On the new server it now works (With the settings above), I get the GUI output on the iGPU HDMI port (MB)
BUT!
Same cloned USB on my old server gives me a prompt with a "_" blinking screen in the top left corner of the monitor?
On this MB its a Displayport again with iGPU output (Displayport) and I get the full boot on the screen right up to the end?

Both servers have the iGPU as the primary and only output!

That's a real head scratcher.  The positive I've gotten from dealing with this is that I was forced to reassign nics via command line at one point so I could access it remotely via gui.  I subsequently learned something... Lame.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So my troubleshooting have located my problem.
The Bios is always set to use the internal iGPU (Correct) and I get all the startup during boot to my monitor but when it should start the GUI I get a prompt in the upper left corner.

Removing my Nvidia card and placing my HBA controller in the first PCIe slot WORKED! (Removing all other cards) and after some time I finally got the GUI on my monitor. JUHU!

I then tried placing my Nvidia GPU (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060) in the 3 Pci slot (8x) and after boot I am back to the prompt and no UI?

Something breaks during boot (The GPU have no output to my monitor).
Any suggestion on what I should do next?

UPDATE: I found a new Bios from 2024 (My board is from 2019) I updated the Bios and set everything up from scratch.
Same thing. Cursor in top left corner of the monitor no UI.

Edited by casperse