Unable to use Mover to clear cache

Hello!

I'm in progress of upgrade the hardware of my server which includes switching to new cache drives. So I followed SpaceInvaders recent video to temporarily move data from the existing cache to the array. So I disabled docker and VMs, changed the mover action for all my shares to be Cache > Array, but after 12 hours there is still 7.5 GBs on the cache. And there are no more reads/writes on either share. I restarted and attempted again but Mover is now greyed out with still no progress.

I attached the list of files that seem to still be in Cache: an empty docker folder for Krusdaser, lots of System files, and an IMG for libvirt. I'm open to moving things manually but I'm hesitant incase something could be lost. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 1.01.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 1.02.02 PM.png

yosemite-diagnostics-20240214-1256.zip

You should check if those files/folders already exist on the array?   Mover will never overwrite an existing file, so if you have a file at both locations you have to decide which one to keep and manually delete the other (typically the older one).   Dynamix File Manager can help with doing this.

On 2/14/2024 at 1:33 PM, JorgeB said:

Enable mover logging, run the mover, post new diags.

Got it, I was able to see errors on a few files that definitely were duplicated in back cache and array, so I deleted those manually and Mover continued for a period. It seems stuck again currently, now with 2.72 GBs in cache still. New diags attached.

It seems most of the remains files exist within /mnt/cache/system/docker/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/... and a single libvirt.img file. I'm hoping these are OK to move manually or are unimportant and can be deleted. Any advice would be great!

yosemite-diagnostics-20240215-1343.zip

Because of the anonymizing can't see which files have issues, but these will not be moved:

4 minutes ago, taylorjdunn said:

/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker/btrfs/subvolumes/.

5 minutes ago, taylorjdunn said:

and a single libvirt.img file

This is important if you have VMs, and the mover should move it, as long as the VM service is disabled and it's not a duplicate file.