Lawrence1986 Share Settings

I install this patch, and I have my system share set to cache only, but in fixing the common problem, it tells me that the system share is set to cache-only, but files and folders exist on the array, but if I change it from cache only as my primary storage to cache and my secondary storage to array, and my Mover action to cache to array, the error goes away in fixing common problems. 

6 minutes ago, lawrence1986 said:

I install this patch, and I have my system share set to cache only, but in fixing the common problem, it tells me that the system share is set to cache-only, but files and folders exist on the array, but if I change it from cache only as my primary storage to cache and my secondary storage to array, and my Mover action to cache to array, the error goes away in fixing common problems. 

Sounds as the mover should be set to array->cache if you want the files to end up on the cache.

Those settings are correct for Giles to end up on the cache.    You need to disable the docker and VM services under settings and then run mover to transfer files to the cache.   After doing that you can re-enable docker and VM services.   If any files will not move it may mean you have duplicates on the cache and the array as mover will not overwrite existing files, and you need to take manual action to delete the unneeded duplicate.

once you have the shares completely on the cache you can improve performance of them by removing the array as secondary storage, and then enabling Exclusive shares under Settings->Global Share settings.

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

Those settings are correct for Giles to end up on the cache.    You need to disable the docker and VM services under settings and then run mover to transfer files to the cache.   After doing that you can re-enable docker and VM services.   If any files will not move it may mean you have duplicates on the cache and the array as mover will not overwrite existing files, and you need to take manual action to delete the unneeded duplicate.

once you have the shares completely on the cache you can improve performance of them by removing the array as secondary storage, and then enabling Exclusive shares under Settings->Global Share settings.

so your telling me to adjust there shares like in the pitcher disable docker and VM hit mover let it do it thing it will move the dockers or the 4 files i want from the array to cache witch would be appdata,system,domains.isos but i have a question i have looks in all 16 drives and i see none of them files on my array 

1 minute ago, lawrence1986 said:

i have looks in all 16 drives and i see none of them files on my array

Do you even have empty folders corresponding to those shares as that will trigger the warning.

you can use the Compute All button on the Shares tab to see which drives have content for any particular share.

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Do you even have empty folders corresponding to those shares as that will trigger the warning.

you can use the Compute All button on the Shares tab to see which drives have content for any particular share.

that button came in handy give me a min let me check fix commen problems sure it fixed 

13 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Thank you so much, Itimpi, for solving my issue. I didn't even know that file was on the array; it was on disk 2. I must have missed it working buttery smooth with no more errors. But I'm still confused by the fact that it didn't pick it up sooner. I normally run fix common problems every 1 to 3 days just for maintenance. weird

25 minutes ago, itimpi said:

also now sense that fold is gone on disk do should i switch my shares over like in the photo i posted or just leave them cache only because I've always had them as prefer on these 4 shares appdata,system,domains.isos

28 minutes ago, itimpi said:

like this i repost so you wouldn't have to search for it 

1935268646_Screenshot2024-02-17161508.thumb.png.387906c4d10a0f9361d3ad8975ab0110.png