Some things wont move off the cache drive.

I have a bunch of tv shows that wont move off the cache drive, some are on the actual array while others stay on the cache disk. I've tried forcing the mover script to run which works for some things but it's like these shows are stuck, is there another way I can force everything over?

This is what the TV share looks like now.  rTb3xx  It wasn't set this like this begin with but I changed it hoping the 0 would force more over.

I changed my split level to 2 for TV which is what doesn't seem to want to move.  My dir structure is

/TV/Show/Season/Files

Moves are set to 1 and they work fine with a structure of

/Movies/Movie_File

Also, I turned on logging to watch what's going on but I can't find where it logs it. :-)

The free space doesn't much matter with the most-free allocation method. It won't help one bit when you run into a disk full error due to the split level, like you appear to have just had happen.

You either use a split level of 3 and let the files for the seasons go to whatever disk is free or you move a bunch of your current TV shows from the full disks to an empty disk to free up some space.

If you really don't care where the files go then you might as well use a split level of 99 and eliminate these problems.

Peter

I like to know, that way if the worst happens - I lose a disk - I either have the TV series or I don't. Otherwise, I have to piece it back together. Similarily, losing some songs from different artists would be a pain to recover from.

Agree but assuming your parity disk doesn't fail at the same time as an array disk, this shouldn't matter right?

I like to know, that way if the worst happens - I lose a disk - I either have the TV series or I don't. Otherwise, I have to piece it back together. Similarily, losing some songs from different artists would be a pain to recover from.

Agree but assuming your parity disk doesn't fail at the same time as an array disk, this shouldn't matter right?

No, it doesn't matter assuming 2 array disks will never fail at the same time. Any double disk failure can mean the loss of 2 disks of data and making an error during the failure can cause a loss of a single disk of data.

Sounds like you need to read-up on how the parity protection works since it seems you are incorrectly assuming that you only need the parity disk to recover from a disk failure.

Peter