We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Can I use nginx for external servers in same subnet?

I use Nginx Proxy Manager to get web addresses to correct docker in the server. 

From internet videos.mycooldomain.com points to 10.1.1.1:555 that i run jellyfin on, ftp.mycooldomain.com points to 10.1.1.1:21 which i run my ftp docker on. 

Can I also use it for external server? I have a raspberry pi I want to run another server on, let's say IRC-server and it has 10.1.1.200. Can I do the same, like irc.mycooldomain.com and point the unraid nginx to 10.1.1.200:6667? 
So traffic goes from internet to unraid, nginx forward it to the other physical server? 

Answering here because it may help clear up some confusion.

Technically this should have been asked in the support thread for Nginx Proxy Manager container, since that's what's being referenced, not the built in nginx server.

Unraid itself uses nginx as the web server for the GUI, but you can't use that internal version for anything else.

The nginx docker container however, CAN reverse proxy any web server that it can communicate with, containers or external appliances. So the answer is yes for the npm container, but no for the nginx server in Unraid.

• Like 1