Running Unraid wirelessly on my network

Go to solution Solved by Hoopster,

Hey everyone,

I'm a bit new to NAS and home servers. I wanted to confirm that running Unraid wirelessly isn't an option. We're looking into switching internet providers from cable to 5G home internet. I am currently different services on my Unraid:

• pihole within a VM, which handles DNS and DHCP
  • plex media server
  • nextcloud
  • photoprism

Accessing several of these outside of my network via reverse proxies.

I also access my NAS for random file storage from my main computer. This is all done via Ethernet connections. From what I'm reading in the past, Unraid does not support Wi-Fi:

But an alternative solution, maybe this:

I'm hoping someone can shed some light into problems I may face or what I need to do to prepare for this change. Thank you.

• Solution
16 minutes ago, MrPerezOP said:

We're looking into switching internet providers from cable to 5G home internet

I don't know what 5G service you are planning to use in your home, but, the T-Mobile 5G gateway, for example, has an Ethernet port to which a switch or router can be connected.  A lot of third-party routers have 4-port switches built in.  In either case, it should be possible to connect your Unraid server to an Ethernet port if you go with a 5G Internet service that has a gateway with an Ethernet port.

image.thumb.png.64b0cdfc3635dffae69ce7eb494c7471.png