Disk Rebuild Slow; Unable to Update Containers

Hello,

Attached are my diagnostics.

I am having two issues. One is with a new SATA PCIe card and a disk rebuild.

I installed a new PCIe card: https://www.startech.com/en-eu/cards-adapters/10p6g-pcie-sata-card

I moved my array sata cord to the StarTech card, and I had one disk come up as failed. I ran SMART tests on it, and came back with no errors. I ended up starting to do a rebuild on the same disk, but it is going incredibly slow, 30-40 MB/s (occasional spikes to 60 or 70). I don't think this is normal, does anyone have any insight?

Also, I know that the drive definitely was the thing with the error, as I rotated positions on the sata cables on my array drives and the same HDD came back with errors.

Also, when I try to update or edit  containers, I get an error saying "Configuration not found. Was this container created using this plugin?"

I found the DockerMan config in the flash drive, but it seems that the templates (for whatever reason) got corrupted:

image.thumb.png.d32c2b6ea2289ec7f554ff7209c8dc02.png

Should I just restore this from a recent backup of my flash drive? The "unifi-network-application" template there does work. I had to delete and redownload the container, as it would not start when I rebooted the server for whatever reason. This template does allow me to edit and pull updates.

TL;DR

1. Slow disk rebuild - normal, or issue?

2. Seem to have lost docker container templates - something wrong, or should I just restore flash from backup?

Thanks in advance!

-ingeniero

tower-diagnostics-20240305-0650.zip

Edited by ingeniero
edited to clarify confirmation that the disk was in error

You will always get bad performance with that SATA card as it uses port multipliers to get all those ports which severely limits throughput when multiple drives are simultaneously active..    Cards with port multipliers are not recommended for use with Unraid for exactly that reason.