DEVICE IS DISABLED, CONTENTS EMULATED - WHAT IS MY NEXT MOVE?

Posted (edited)

out of interest how long should an extended test take for a 10tb drive been sat on 10% for what seems like forever.

no hot spare available atm but will buy a new 18tb drive if needed to replace this one.

Edited by JoNBoYuK

It passed and SMART attributes don't look too bad. Should be OK to continue using.

On the Dashboard page, you can click on the SMART ( 👎 ) warning for that disk to Acknowledge the current counts, and it will warn again if it increases.

Do you have Notifications setup to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected?

Do you have another copy of anything important and irreplaceable?

https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/storage-management/#rebuilding-a-drive-onto-itself

no backs up other than "1 parity" drive but nothing is mission critical what is mission critical is in the cloud plus here notifications are not setup as i couldn't get it to email to a outlook email for some reason but i will now rebuild on its self.

Posted (edited)

looks like it failed what log do you need to see?

06-03-2024 16:24Unraid Disk 6 SMART health [199]Warning [MOUNT-OLYMPUS] - udma crc error count is 131ST10000VN0004-1ZD101_ZA23VTT6 (sdc)warning

wont rebuild should i try again?

Edited by JoNBoYuK

UDMA CRC errors are connection problems. The disk firmware does a checksum on received data and if it fails it increments the count. And the connection problem is causing the rebuild to fail.

Check connections, SATA and power, both ends, including splitters.