Kernel Panic not syncing VFS error after clean reboot

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I did a clean reboot of my system an hour ago and now see this error. I didn't make any changes to the server config. I was just troubleshooting a fuse hidden file issue so I thought a reboot would fix that. I don't think that is related to this sync the fuse file was on a mount point, not the actual config for the flash drive. Any thoughts on what I should do to test? I assume I might need a new flash drive but before ordering a new one I'd like to try out other options.

2024-03-06 01_56_46-Downloads 
_ 20240306_015504.jpg [5_5] - Honeyview 5.50.png

Thanks so much itimpi!

Copying over the bz* type files and config.txt from a zip from the UnRaid website fixed the issue and allowed me to boot back up into UnRaid!

Before copying the files over, I had Windows do a file error check on the drive but it found nothing. However, when copying over all the files on the drive to my computer as a backup, I did notice that the copy process froze on one of the bz files. My guess it that there was some corruption or other problem where that file was. Do you think that this a sign that my flash drive is on its way out?

18 minutes ago, dansushi said:

Thanks so much itimpi!

Copying over the bz* type files and config.txt from a zip from the UnRaid website fixed the issue and allowed me to boot back up into UnRaid!

Before copying the files over, I had Windows do a file error check on the drive but it found nothing. However, when copying over all the files on the drive to my computer as a backup, I did notice that the copy process froze on one of the bz files. My guess it that there was some corruption or other problem where that file was. Do you think that this a sign that my flash drive is on its way out?

I suspect it could have just been a block that was borderline on reading and rewriting it has resolved the issue.   I would not worry unless it starts occurring again.