Unraid 6.12.8 - Constantly Crashing, and I have no idea why.

Go to solution Solved by CaptainCopSuey,

Hello all. I've got a problem with my server that is utterly bewildering me. A couple weeks ago, and without making any changes to my server, it keeps crashing all of the time, and without any reproducible source. Genuinely, I have no idea what is going on here, and would appreciate any help anyone can offer. I've tried the following troubleshooting to no avail:

1. Separated the main server IP from all docker vlan's to separate NIC's.
  2. Removed several docker containers that constantly seemed to be crashing the server.
  3. Disassembled and reassembled server to ensure no components have apparent physical damage.

I'm sure I'm missing a lot here, so I've also attached my syslog here. Thanks.

syslog-10.216.18.3.log

Memtest is only definitive if it finds an error, one other thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker containers/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one. 

Ok. I let it run for two days without docker enabled. Enabling docker, I've started slowly re-enabling containers, and it crashed on my immich. I restarted the process of enabling containers, got to jellyfin, which worked fine before, and now it crashed there. Immich still won't start without bringing my server to it's knees. Frustratingly, my syslog file, which is being saved to a separate location, shows call traces, but seems to offer no hint as to what is actually happening. I have no clue what is going, so have attached my newer syslog file here.

syslog-10.216.18.3.log

• 5 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 3/17/2024 at 1:50 PM, JorgeB said:

Cannot say if it's software or hardware based on the call traces, but if it only crashes with those two containers maybe something in how they are configured.

Replacing my CPU seems to have alleviated this particular call trace, but I've since seen a new kind of error arise. I've created a new topic for it here: