[PLUGIN] Data Volume Monitor (DVM)

3 minutes ago, Rysz said:

The front-page dashboard and footer only shows the primary network interface at the moment.

But you can already set limits and notifications for multiple other network interfaces in this section of DVM settings (see example):
grafik.thumb.png.a9ad522c64471abd22033178982cfb1c.png

In this case you will get notifications for each defined interface when the respective limit is exceeded/returned to normal.

I believe I have this setup correctly, example as below.

image.thumb.png.d63f5f725119b9a317697711d8e6b888.png

This is my primary interface and another one setup within my network which maps to a vlan. 

I guess my ask was it would be good/nice to be able to get a high level, dashboard view of these secondary interfaces on the main/admin dashboard as well so as a quick glance, I can get a view on the throughput across all of my interfaces that I care about on Unraid. (ie. certain vlans that carry dockers or VM's where the traffic volume is of interest to me)

Secondly , as with the above, why would I also receive the following error/message. Seems like I have not set something up correctly. 

image.thumb.png.e3f6a1067f5a0e0261dc74af37ed8872.pngimage.thumb.png.e3f6a1067f5a0e0261dc74af37ed8872.png

5 minutes ago, JNZ said:

I believe I have this setup correctly, example as below.

image.thumb.png.d63f5f725119b9a317697711d8e6b888.png

This is my primary interface and another one setup within my network which maps to a vlan. 

I guess my ask was it would be good/nice to be able to get a high level, dashboard view of these secondary interfaces on the main/admin dashboard as well so as a quick glance, I can get a view on the throughput across all of my interfaces that I care about on Unraid. (ie. certain vlans that carry dockers or VM's where the traffic volume is of interest to me)

Secondly , as with the above, why would I also receive the following error/message. Seems like I have not set something up correctly. 

image.thumb.png.e3f6a1067f5a0e0261dc74af37ed8872.pngimage.thumb.png.e3f6a1067f5a0e0261dc74af37ed8872.png

If you have "bond0" configured as primary interface, you should use this section for the "bond0" limits/actions:

grafik.thumb.png.36f1f4284c8e2c1c7c2eb1fcc1f2459e.png

And this section for any additional interfaces, such as the "bond0.52", limits/actions:

grafik.thumb.png.d9b6cf32402b3bbca455d2e5ce9fd30e.png

I agree with your point about multiple interfaces should be shown on the front-page dashboard as well.

It'll require a bit of effort to adapt the code, so I'll put this on the TO-DO list for a future update (but can't promise a timeline).

1 minute ago, Rysz said:

If you have "bond0" configured as primary interface, you should use this section for the "bond0" limits/actions:

grafik.thumb.png.36f1f4284c8e2c1c7c2eb1fcc1f2459e.png

And this section for any additional interfaces, such as the "bond0.52", limits/actions:

grafik.thumb.png.d9b6cf32402b3bbca455d2e5ce9fd30e.png

I agree with your point about multiple interfaces should be shown on the front-page dashboard as well.

It'll require a bit of effort to adapt the code, so I'll put this on the TO-DO list for a future update (but can't promise a timeline).

Got it, that makes sense. I can see the error now. I will correct. 
Thanks for adding it to the todo list. Ill keep an eye out for future updates :) 

One final question, I couldn't find any info on the docs, but what I would like to do is have custom emails to be sent off based on certain conditions on certain interfaces . I know Unraid will send notifications when the limits have been set but I won't the ability to do custom processing or notifications base don your example about moving files. 

It appears this custom logic is executed by 'Custom Alarms Script Execution Frequency' and the help file mentions the file 'dvm-custom-alarms.sh' Where is this? and does it provide examples of the data you can access to base your rules on and how to handle events? 

Appreciate your help and effort on this plugin.

5 minutes ago, JNZ said:

Got it, that makes sense. I can see the error now. I will correct. 
Thanks for adding it to the todo list. Ill keep an eye out for future updates :) 

One final question, I couldn't find any info on the docs, but what I would like to do is have custom emails to be sent off based on certain conditions on certain interfaces . I know Unraid will send notifications when the limits have been set but I won't the ability to do custom processing or notifications base don your example about moving files. 

It appears this custom logic is executed by 'Custom Alarms Script Execution Frequency' and the help file mentions the file 'dvm-custom-alarms.sh' Where is this? and does it provide examples of the data you can access to base your rules on and how to handle events? 

Appreciate your help and effort on this plugin.

You can either use dvm-user-actions.sh or the more advanced dvm-custom-alarms.sh to set up custom commands/filtering.

Accessing these files is possible through the DVM Configuration Editor (click into the file-name text field, where the red X is).

grafik.png.beaa354d1c565cd07bc36ff2ffe3fef0.png

The scripts have respective documentations inside them as comments, hope that is enough to get you started. 🙂 

i didn´t change anything but now my docker-interfaces don´t show up in the table anymore...
they still can be selectet in (for example) "Secondary Interface Thresholds and User Actions" - so the tool does find them but wont show them in the table with the metrics

1111.thumb.png.a7ba5fa9d5840f79120ce20fb3fb8936.png

2024.08.07 is installed

16 minutes ago, joker1319 said:

i didn´t change anything but now my docker-interfaces don´t show up in the table anymore...
they still can be selectet in (for example) "Secondary Interface Thresholds and User Actions" - so the tool does find them but wont show them in the table with the metrics

1111.thumb.png.a7ba5fa9d5840f79120ce20fb3fb8936.png

2024.08.07 is installed

Did you perhaps stop the Docker containers or the Docker service in general? Unless you have some advanced networking configured for your Docker containers, by default the virtual interfaces last only while the container is running and each container is assigned a new virtual interface on the next start. 

9 hours ago, Rysz said:

Did you perhaps stop the Docker containers or the Docker service in general? Unless you have some advanced networking configured for your Docker containers, by default the virtual interfaces last only while the container is running and each container is assigned a new virtual interface on the next start. 

no - they are all running. i even tried a reboot but they still dont show up
Edit: no fancy-pantsy network configuration

Edited by joker1319
missing information
16 hours ago, joker1319 said:

no - they are all running. i even tried a reboot but they still dont show up
Edit: no fancy-pantsy network configuration

Did you try reinstalling the plugin, perhaps the database or some configuration file got corrupted?

• Upvote 1