We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Receipt Wrangler Mariadb Setup

I am trying to set up the Receipt Wrangler app on my Unraid using Mariadb that is already part of my system. I have created a Mariadb/mysql user and password for Receipt Wrangler but I am trying to decipher the variables that I need to create in the Unraid Receipt Wrangler template.

I have the following variables set:

3 Path Variables for Config, Data & Logs (each set to /mnt/user/appdata/receipt-wrangler-api/ ending in "config," "data," or "logs" respectively)

I have also set the following Environmental Variables

• MYSQL_DATABASE=wrangler
  • MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD={youthinkiwouldbecrazyenoughtopostthishere?}
  • MYSQL_USER=wrangler
  • MYSQL_PASSWORD={youthinkiwouldbecrazyenoughtopostthishere?}

I cannot seem to figure out what variable(s) I need to set to tell it to use Mariadb, its port and its location in the system. The only reference that I have found for using Mariadb with Receipt Wrangler with Mariadb contained the following code in the post:

docker run --name receipt-wrangler-db -e MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD=123456 -e MYSQL_USER=wrangler -e MYSQL_PASSWORD=123456 -e MYSQL_DATABASE=wrangler -p 9001:3306 -d library/mariadb

Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.12752f2741ee2f94e11d5df4f8b6fa50.png

Edited by rdagitz
11 minutes ago, rdagitz said:

I am trying to set up the Receipt Wrangler app on my Unraid using Mariadb that is already part of my system.

First, I don't recommend using a database container for multiple apps. There is practically no benefit to doing so, and plenty of reasons not to. Set up a second identical container changing the name, appdata folder, and port. That way if you mess something up you only have to deal with one container being down instead of all the containers using that same database engine. Containers share application layers, so the only additional space used is for the data, which would be additional anyway.

Second, you should look at the existing support area for the container you are trying to get running and see if your questions are already answered there, if not, post in that support thread. This general area is for OS issues, containers have their own area. Click on the icon in the GUI and select "support".

This app does not have a support link that points to the Unraid forum. That is why I posted my question on general support. I was trying to find out if anyone has tried this on Unraid.

It turns out that the settings that I have are enough to find Mariadb, as long as Receipt Wrangler is in the same virtual network as Mariadb. Once Receipt Wrangler is started one time, I had to use terminal and edit a config.prod.json file in the appdata/receipt-wrangler-api/config directory. I used the following link to get my settings for the json file (https://github.com/Receipt-Wrangler/.github/blob/main/configuration/configuration.md).

One AI option for Receipt Wrangler is llamagpt. I am trying the Serge Unraid app but set the config.prod.json file as "llamagpt" so we will see how it goes. I am not getting any errors in the log so far. Sounds promising.