Starter one year of software updates with purchase

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

I am completely new to Unraid so please bear with me and a couple of noob questions if I may. I should mention that I have used Proxmox and that I am currently using ESXi 6.5 Ent).

I thought that it might be wise to pickup Unraid before the pricing change and to lend my support. To be honest with you, I am not certain that I will ever use the software although I have read that some people have used Unraid with ESXi. I also know that I can download and take Unraid out for a test drive but am also aware that the pricing change takes effect on March 27 of this year. Your time and guidance are greatly appreciated. Thank you. Peter

I understand that the upcoming pricing model includes a Starter tier which as the subject line says:

"Starter and Unleashed include one year of software updates with purchase. After one year, customers can pay an optional extension fee to make them eligible for an additional year of updates."

What is the current update structure for the Basic tier at $59? Does "Own a perpetual license" mean that all future software updates and /or upgrades included as well?

12 minutes ago, peterbata said:

What is the current update structure for the Basic tier at $59? Does "Own a perpetual license" mean that all future software updates and /or upgrades included as well?

All licences purchased before the change get all future updates.

• Like 1
  • Solution
1 hour ago, peterbata said:

Thank you so much for the prompt response @itimpi. Much appreciated. Do you believe that it would apply to version upgrades as well. Or, is that something that would have to be purchased? I don't know whatthe current version is? I have seen 6.9.x mentioned

Limetech have stated that all users who have one of the current Basic/Plus/Pro licences will be entitled to all future upgrades at no additional cost.  Covered in some detail in their blog on the subject.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Limetech have stated that all users who have one of the current Basic/Plus/Pro licences will be entitled to all future upgrades at no additional cost.  Covered in some detail in their blog on the subject.

Thank you again @itimpi That pretty much answers all of my questions. Bought and paid for. Glad to have finally joined the UR Family. Have yourself a safe and wonderful weekend. Peter

• Like 1