AsMedia or JMB585

I just purchased unraid and want to use it on a new build.

I want to try out those Aliexpress boards that have lots of sata ports and power efficiency. My uses are simple, mainly file transfer, backups, syncing. 

The guide I'm following is from Youtube.

The board I want to use is this one.

However, the comments he states the SATA chip must say "ASMedia" 

The board I've found says it uses JMB585. I don't know much about Sata controllers and unraid. But which chip should I opt for?

S621004b12922497b8ae8e436b961142ac.jpg?w

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the list of approved controllers.  JMB585 and Asmedia are both on the approved list.  Just be sure they do not use port multipliers.  So a JMB585 should be a 5 port card and an Asmedia ASM 1166 is a 6 port.  Both chipsets should work well.

While the N5105 is a very capable low per CPU, the N100 seems to be a better option overall for Unraid.

I am currently testing various Asmedia, and JMicron controllers.  The JMB585 is a great controller, and so far in my testing works very well, it is a PCIe Gen 3x2 bridge which converts to 5 SATA III ports.  Regardless of the hate people give to multiplexers/port multipliers, I am also next going to be testing stacked multiplexers/port multipliers combined with the JMB585.  If done properly, paying attention to bandwidth and limits, they can be used in a very usable array configuration that will be able to outperform physical spinning hard drives.  Specifically I am going to be testing with the JMB575, 1 SATA port in (host) to 5 SATA ports, all SATA III 6Gb/s capable.