Some pool-stored shares have an "unprotected" warning and still seem to have data in the array

Go to solution Solved by drosera,

Hi,

in my setup, I basically only use the pool ( 4 drives, raidz) to store data and shares, as the system only contains SSDs (trim!) and one NVMe (my "array"). My main data shares and the system shares "system", "appdata" and "domains" have been configured to be stored in the pool.

Even though the settings look ok to me (see the "system" share as an example):

image.thumb.png.0a620f1477e9148c24186e5d4e400d0a.png

These shares show a warning "Some or all files unprotected":

image.thumb.png.aca9521de45ec22b65b8a29c26418fc7.png

and when I look in the filesystem, for some of these shares, there are no appropriate directories in the pool (`/mnt/pool`), but only in the array (`/mnt/disk1`):

root@nas:~# ls /mnt/disk1/
appdata/  domains/  isos/  media/  system/
root@nas:~# ls /mnt/pool/
TM/  Videos/  appdata/  emby/
root@nas:~#

"appdata" on the other hand appears in the pool and in the array:

image.thumb.png.7eef272eab212585feb7aab0be467337.png

I am grateful for any hint on where I did the configuration wrong or why the dashboard is not consistent with the filesystem. The goal woule be, to move these shares completely to the pool and not use the array at all, unless for data, which is uncritical and can easily be replaced (ISO images ecc.)

The settings you have for the ‘system’ share tell Unraid to put NEW files onto the ‘cache’ pool but leave EXISTING files where they are.    You would need to follow the procedure documented here in the online documentation accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI or the DOCS link at the top of each forum page to get them moved off the array.

Thanks a lot. I had seen this page, but misunderstood it on first reading 😞. Rereading helped ;-) and the migration worked...except for the `system` share. Even after having stopped the Docker service manually, invoking the mover did not free `/mnt/disk1/system` and `/mnt/pool/system` is still empty. Would it be safe, to move the content manually in the console, followed by an immediate reboot? Or is there a better/official way to move the content? There is not very much content in this share:

root@nas:~# tree /mnt/disk1/system/
/mnt/disk1/system/
├── docker
│   └── docker.img
└── libvirt
    └── libvirt.img

3 directories, 2 files
root@nas:~#

• 3 weeks later...