Array stuck mounting cache - 6.12.4

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

My system crashed overnight and this morning when I was turning my server back on my Array gets stuck while mounting the cache drive. All 5 other drives I have attached mount fine and I can see/access the files on them. Looking through the boot log it looks like there's a kernel panic happening but I'm not really sure what to do/where to go from that

Mar 25 08:54:29 Tower emhttpd: shcmd (52): /usr/sbin/zpool import -N -o autoexpand=on  -d /dev/sdb1 7702032682999383794 cache
Mar 25 08:54:29 Tower kernel: VERIFY3(size <= rt->rt_space) failed (281442900226048 <= 4011872256)
Mar 25 08:54:29 Tower kernel: PANIC at range_tree.c:436:range_tree_remove_impl()

Also attaching my diagnostics

tower-diagnostics-20240325-0901.zip

Reboot and don't start the array (disable auto start if enabled), then see if the pool mounts read only:

zfs import -o readonly=on cache

If it works, start the array, the GUI will still show the pool unmountable, but the data will be under /mnt/cache, then backup and re-format the pool

Posted (edited)

Backed up the cache, reformatted the drive and uploaded everything back but now every time I try to start the Docker Service it just fails to start. Attaching a new diagnostics file, I'm wondering if maybe my cache drive is dying and that's the cause of this? I used the Appdata Backup plugin a week ago so I have a pretty recent backup of all of my containers and their associated files so I'm wondering if maybe I need to go grab a new SSD and then restore that backup

Edit: just formatted the drive again and instead didn't restore my backup just to check if Docker would start that way and it does. I guess something must be corrupt in my files that's causing the failure

tower-diagnostics-20240325-1737.zip

Edited by eblohm93
more information