Random freezes

Hello, I have a problem lately with Unraid. After several days, between 1 and 2 weeks, it freezes. I thought it was the problem that I have read about mclan and iplan, but I have changed to iplan and the same thing happens. This time I have saved the syslog and attached it, because I see that it seems to lose the Ethernet connection, but I don't understand anything. But this time it was worse... it didn't detect the parity disk :(
Ignore the "communication with UPS lost, I can't communicate with my PHASAK brand UPS. Thank yousyslog-192.168.0.200.log

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-25 233623.png

Edited by SrKitos

The syslog you posted does seem to show the network parodically dropping out and then coming back again.   This may well be due to something external to Unraid (such as the router or other network components).  No reason that is obvious.

The syslog in the diagnostics is the RAM version that starts afresh every time the system is booted.  You should enable the syslog server (probably with the option to Mirror to Flash set) to get a syslog that survives a reboot so we can see what leads up to a crash or freeze.  The mirror to flash option is the easiest to set up (and if used the file is then automatically included in any diagnostics), but if you are worried about excessive wear on the flash drive you can put your server's address into the remote server field. 

BTW:  You have the cache_dirs plugin installed and it appears to be set to scan all files/folders.  To get the best out of it you should restrict it to shares/folders that you really want it to scan as if it scans too much it cannot keep all the relevant information in RAM to get the benefits it can provide.

hi, thanks for your response.

These days I'm away from home and I couldn't check anything, also, I don't have access to the server through wireguard, so I assume something has happened again and it's not active.

The attached log is already persistent, the system log server was enabled and saved in appdata, so that should be enough, right?

Looks more like a hardware issue to me, one thing you can try is to boot the server in safe mode with all docker containers/VMs disabled, let it run as a basic NAS for a few days, if it still crashes it's likely a hardware problem, if it doesn't start turning on the other services one by one. 

• 3 weeks later...