Server won't reboot or shutdown on 6.12.9

This started right after downloading and installing this update, where I was asked to reboot the server to complete the install but no matter what I tried, it just ignored both commands from UI and console.

Curiously after trying to reboot/shutdown this happens with CPU, and all dockers and VM keeps working fine.

image.png.7db519c34944fef91231a0ebde7f55ce.png

This is the diagnostics file:

tower-diagnostics-20240328-2011.zip

Edited by Chriexpe
On 3/30/2024 at 7:10 AM, JorgeB said:

You will need to force it then.

Yeah but this problem always comes back after some time, and randomly some containers break and I can't even restart it due to "server error".

But what about these kernel error.txt? What are the odds of it being related to my motherboard?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2024 at 6:31 AM, JorgeB said:

Looks like a zfs related crash, so possibly and issue with a zfs pool, looks like you have two, could be either one, you can try reformatting one of them, it may also be a good idea to run memtest.

Thanks, I did try 6.12.10 and also going back to 6.12.8 and the error was still "the same", where it would output those kernel errors, and containers crash (but not my HAOS VM), the GUI kinda works but ignores any attempt of rebooting/shutdown.

Either way, there is some things that I don't comprehend like why only some cores are at 100% even if top reports VM and python (I didn't install it) using 9%.image.thumb.png.b13c28b2439fccb14059b9c6a85ae56e.png

You did mention possible ZFS crash, but I can still access both shares through SMB and Dynamix File Manager plugin.

In case you need to take another look, here is my diagnostics file:

tower-diagnostics-20240419-1151.zip

And memtest went fine (but now that I'm looking at it, wait is the memory timing at 76?)

image.thumb.png.a42b7709633d4d76367ed9bab4714a12.png