Server rebooting after starting the array

Go to solution Solved by bisk,

I updated to 6.12.9 this evening and when I tried to start the array the server would become unresponsive or reboot.  After rebooting the server, I reverted back to 6.12.8 and still had the same issue of the server freezing/rebooting when starting the array.  Next I tried change the port that the USB Key was plugged into and also replacing the USB Key, but those didn't resolve the issue either.  Not sure what's going on since I haven't really made any changes lately, so I'm assuming that this might be a potential hardware issue.  I've attached a diagnostic and hopefully that can shed some light on the issue.

homeserver-diagnostics-20240328-2004.zip

• Solution

Thanks for the assistance.  I was never able to get the system to stay up long enough to start the array in maintenance mode.  I replaced the motherboard, but was still having the same issue.  Thankfully I still had an old AM4 CPU kicking around, so I put that into the system and everything looks stable now.  Time to RMA my 18 month old 5700G CPU.  Part of my troubleshooting yesterday I replaced my USB, but that one seems to have issue dropping when starting the array (diagnostics attached).  I've tried multiple USB ports too.  I bought a new key, but now I'm getting an error that I've replaced my USB key twice over the past year and I can't update the key for the new USB key.  I opened a support case to hopefully allow me to update the key to either the new USB key or the original good USB that is now blacklisted.

homeserver-diagnostics-20240330-1248.zip

• Like 1