Copy data

Right now my Plex metadata resides on an SSD as an unassigned device, the SSD is 500GB
I have a second empty 500GB SSD that I want to copy all the Plex data over to, so I can eventually have both SSD' in a RAID 1 cache pool for Plex. The SSD that currently contains the Plex metadate is formatted with the XFS file system, so I have to move everything off it to reformat it in BTRFS.

What is the most efficient, in terms of speed, method of copying the Plex metadata from one drive to the next, there are thousands and thousands of files.

3 hours ago, ashman70 said:

Right now my Plex metadata resides on an SSD as an unassigned device, the SSD is 500GB
I have a second empty 500GB SSD that I want to copy all the Plex data over to, so I can eventually have both SSD' in a RAID 1 cache pool for Plex. The SSD that currently contains the Plex metadate is formatted with the XFS file system, so I have to move everything off it to reformat it in BTRFS.

What is the most efficient, in terms of speed, method of copying the Plex metadata from one drive to the next, there are thousands and thousands of files.

Hello, I'm not a forum guru, I like to tinker and I used to use a windows machine to copy things over but now I use binhex-Krusader....it'll give you copy speeds and let ya pause if need be.

EDIT: Link for SpaceInvaderOnes video on how to move data

Edited by d4man
posted a video link