Mover Issues

Good Afternoon,

I have recently found tha my mover is not bringing files from the cache to my array when prompted. It sits and spins like its going too and then does nothing and the button is able to be clicked again. I haven't changed anything and it has worked fine since I built this machine 6-7 years ago.

Thanks,

Okay, Im looking through this but not getting anything to work. Here is the error Im getting, I have plenty of free space on the array. One disk has recently become full but all my shares are set to include all disks.

Apr  6 13:50:27 Tower move: create_parent: /mnt/cache/Jacob_Files/Taxes/2023 Taxes error: No space left on device

Looking at you diagnostics you may have managed to get 2 shares which differ in capitalisation (not certain because of anonymization)

appdata                           shareUseCache="prefer"  # Share exists on cache
domains                           shareUseCache="prefer"  # Share exists on cache
E-------------------)             shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2
isos                              shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2, disk4
j------------------s              shareUseCache="yes"     # Share does not exist
N-----------p                     shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk2
O----------e                      shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2
P-------------s                   shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2
P--X                              shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2, disk4
S--------m                        shareUseCache="no"      # Share exists on disk2, disk3
system                            shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1
J------------------s              shareUseCache="no"      # Share exists on cache, disk1, disk2, disk4

as you can see the one that has files on the cache starts with a capital J and is set to “no” for using cache so gets ignored by mover.

Posted (edited)

okay, well thats really weird because I only have 1 share that starts with J...... This has all worked perfectly fine until recently so I am really confused. Ive done nothing to change any shares or added any new ones...

**Although Disk 1 is now full if that would make any issues?

Edited by jsamdal
On 4/8/2024 at 2:10 PM, itimpi said:

Looking at you diagnostics you may have managed to get 2 shares which differ in capitalisation (not certain because of anonymization)

appdata                           shareUseCache="prefer"  # Share exists on cache
domains                           shareUseCache="prefer"  # Share exists on cache
E-------------------)             shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2
isos                              shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2, disk4
j------------------s              shareUseCache="yes"     # Share does not exist
N-----------p                     shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk2
O----------e                      shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2
P-------------s                   shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2
P--X                              shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1, disk2, disk4
S--------m                        shareUseCache="no"      # Share exists on disk2, disk3
system                            shareUseCache="yes"     # Share exists on disk1
J------------------s              shareUseCache="no"      # Share exists on cache, disk1, disk2, disk4

as you can see the one that has files on the cache starts with a capital J and is set to “no” for using cache so gets ignored by mover.

I was able to invoke the mover for files that go on plex, so this is definitely an issue with the shares having "j" and "J" 

The problem is under shares I only have one. So how can I get rid of the "j" share if it doesn't show up under shares. Is there a way to do so in command line?

5 hours ago, jsamdal said:

I was able to invoke the mover for files that go on plex, so this is definitely an issue with the shares having "j" and "J" 

The problem is under shares I only have one. So how can I get rid of the "j" share if it doesn't show up under shares. Is there a way to do so in command line?

You should be able to do this using the Dynamix File Manager.   You can also do it from the command line but if you are not familiar with it you could cause further problems.