zfs failed to create special file

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

unraid version 6.12.9

disk3:->zfs

When using docker's qbittorrent to download torrents, an error keeps reporting. Then I check the log and find that the file may not be created.

log:

(W) 2024-04-08T15:08:45 - File error alert. Torrent: "9月". File: "/download/manga/9月/2023-09-04/[コテ絵] プリヤ達が催眠術にかかったフリをしてロリコンキモデブ弱者男性粗ちん おじさんに 認知不要ラブラブ種付け孕ませレイプさせて受精する本 (Fate kaleid liner プリズマ☆イ.zip". Reason: "9月 file_open (/download/manga/9月/2023-09-04/[コテ絵] プリヤ達が 催眠術にかかったフリをしてロリコンキモデブ弱者男性粗ちんおじさんに 認知不要ラブラブ種付け孕ませレイプさせて受精する本 (Fate kaleid liner プリズマ☆イ.zip) error: Not supported"

So I tried to create the file directly in the directory, and found that the creation failed when the file system was zfs, but it could be created normally when the file system was xfs:

root@AIO:/mnt/disk3/data/download/manga/9月/2023-09-04# touch '[コテ絵] プリヤ達が催眠術にかかったフリをしてロリコンキモデブ弱者男性粗ちん おじさんに 認知不要ラブラブ種付け孕ませレイプさせて受精する本 (Fate kaleid liner プリズマイ.zip'
touch: cannot touch '[コテ絵] プリヤ達が催眠術にかかったフリをしてロリコンキモデブ弱者男性粗ちん おじさんに 認知不要ラブラブ種付け孕ませレイプさせて受精する本 (Fate kaleid liner プリズマイ.zip': Operation not supported

I have absolutely no idea why these files cannot be created on zfs, I have some examples as follows:

[和泉はち] 山奥の祠で眠っていた鬼に囚われてアソコが壊れるまで突き上げられ て… (人外男子の激しい発情交尾、甘い快楽にイキ堕ちて…「私、こんなSEX知らないっ…!」) [莉赛.zip

[葵ハカス、ひと☆まる] 新年早々から力を失い不運続きですが、男女の交わりで運気上昇って本当ですか⁉ (無垢な聖女は甘くはじめてを奪われる ~捨てられた先でなぜか溺愛さ.zip

[屑乃葉 (有間乃ユウキ)] 鬼巫女嫁堕 故郷で調子こいてた性悪鬼ロリババアが自業 自得で全てを失い転がり込んできたのでお嫁さん兼オナホにしてやる話 [DL版].zip

• Solution

If you want to make some tests, your example works for be if the pool is first created with -O normalization=formC -O utf8only=on, e.g.:

zpool create -f -o ashift=12 -O normalization=formC -O utf8only=on cache /dev/sdf1

Unfortunately this cannot be changed later, so the filesystem would need to be recreated manually, also not sure if it would cause other issue, but don't think so.

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

If you want to make some tests, your example works for be if the pool is first created with -O normalization=formC -O utf8only=on, e.g.:

zpool create -f -o ashift=12 -O normalization=formC -O utf8only=on cache /dev/sdf1

Unfortunately this cannot be changed later, so the filesystem would need to be recreated manually, also not sure if it would cause other issue, but don't think so.

It's work,thank you!

I checked the github of zfs and found an issue with a similar problem.This problem has not been solved yet.The temporary solution is to set normalization to formC.

zfs issue 9965

I created a new dataset on unraid and tested successfully.

root@AIO:~# zfs create -o mountpoint=/mnt/disk1/test -o normalization=formC disk1/test
root@AIO:~# zfs list
NAME                 USED  AVAIL     REFER  MOUNTPOINT
disk1                570M  53.2G      543M  /mnt/disk1
disk1/test            96K  53.2G       96K  /mnt/disk1/test
root@AIO:~# cd /mnt/disk1/test
root@AIO:/mnt/disk1/test# ls
root@AIO:/mnt/disk1/test# touch '[コテ絵] プリヤ達が催眠術にかかったフリをしてロリコンキモデブ弱者男性粗ちん おじさんに 認知不要ラブラブ種付け孕ませレイプさせて受精する本 (Fate kaleid liner プリズマイ.zip'
root@AIO:/mnt/disk1/test# ls
[コテ絵]\ プリヤ達が催眠術にかかったフリをしてロリコンキモデブ弱者男性粗ちん\ おじさんに\ 認知不要ラブラブ種付け孕ませレイプさせて受精する本\ (Fate\ kaleid\ liner\ プリズマイ.zip

Next, I will recommend to unraid developers to use this setting when creating a zfs shared directory.