PCIe Gen 3.0 x1 SATA card

Hi All, 

Can anybody recommend a PCIe 3.0 x1 SATA 1x adapter?

I need to connect a DVD / Blue-Ray to a Virtual Machine and have run out of motherboard connections. I did ty the following from amazon:

MZHOU PCIe SATA Card 2 Port

But the system gets stuck at the BIOS / motherboard logo screen. Tested it in both PCIe 3.0 1x ports and the same result, I can get past the boot screen if I disconnect the DVD drive but with it plugged in the system will not post. I have not tested with a HDD but given I need the DVD drive I see no point.

I have tested the DVD drive in a motherboard SATA connection and it works fine so I think the problem is the cheap amazon adapter.

Best regards,
Andy

I had a wicked time finding both a USB 3.1 controller and a SATA controller (for BD ODD) to pass through trouble free to a VM (on a Supermicro X10SRA-F).

After about a dozen different controllers I landed on the following, which have been rock stable for the last 7 or so years:

PCIe x1 ASM1061/ASM1062 Serial ATA for BD ODD  - Startech PEXESAT322I

original: PCIe x1 ASM1142 USB 3.1  - QNINE USB 3.1 PCIe Card Gen 2 (10Gbps), 2 Port PCI Express to USB 3.1 Type A Expansion Card (needs SATA power)

replaced by: PCIe x4 ASM1142 USB 3.1  - Totovin 8541587506 (no external power needed) 

5 hours ago, landS said:

I had a wicked time finding both a USB 3.1 controller and a SATA controller (for BD ODD) to pass through trouble free to a VM (on a Supermicro X10SRA-F).

After about a dozen different controllers I landed on the following, which have been rock stable for the last 7 or so years:

PCIe x1 ASM1061/ASM1062 Serial ATA for BD ODD  - Startech PEXESAT322I

original: PCIe x1 ASM1142 USB 3.1  - QNINE USB 3.1 PCIe Card Gen 2 (10Gbps), 2 Port PCI Express to USB 3.1 Type A Expansion Card (needs SATA power)

replaced by: PCIe x4 ASM1142 USB 3.1  - Totovin 8541587506 (no external power needed) 

Thanks I have ordered the Startech PEXESAT322I arrives tomorrow. I will report back after testing :)