Random OOM help needed. And high CPU usage just for fun

Hey guys,

Woke up this morning to an OOM, i have no clue whats wrong. Never had one as far as i can remember, and wasnt doing anything extra on the NAS. So any help would be appreciated.

The only other thing i have been doing is trying to find the cause of high CPU usage recently. I have been seeing 'lsof' process high CPU usage. I tracked down lots of old posts pointing to cache_dir plugins, and file activity plugins. So i uninstalled a bunch of plugins that i don't really use.

Active Streams, cache dirs, file activity, system stats, gui links, open files.

Maybe removing all those without a reboot, caused this OOM?

Is there something known about high CPU usage? In my hunt for answers i found myself here. At first i was seeing 'SH' listed in htop, which is how i found out about cache_dirs, but after removing that plugin, the problem persisted, but changed to 'lsof'.

I don't see high CPU from any of my dockers, although i have noticed that sabnzb doesn't register CPU usage for all processes. When an nzb has been downloaded and is being unpacked, docker reports 3-5% but my system is using 90-100%. Then once the unpack has finished, down to normal usage again. Unless im having the lsof issues as well.

This was all before this morning reboot though. So maybe its gone now? I dont know yet.

Thank you in advance

hal-9000-diagnostics-20240428-0841.zip

Edited by 7hr08ik