USB corrupted after reboot

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello. I have been using Unraid reliably until one of my array drives failed. I have replaced it today but after start of unraid and starting the array, I got a message that my USB is corrupted.

image.png.6fc81dba7ab11d7c36326e92c7b918b3.png

Files are readable on the USB, but when in unraid, I see nothing under /boot. So I have replaced USB drive temporarily, transferred license but I am still getting the same error. Basically when I reboot and array is stopped, all works, I can install license for new USB drive. However as soon as I start array, USB error pops up. With that, I cannot start docker (I assume it can't read proper config and if I configure it, point it to docker.img and apply, it is not saved). Similar goes for settings - VMs (it is blank after I start array).

I am gonna try different USB too, but I feel like this is not USB issue. Any ideas? I tried switching USB port on server, but made no difference. Posting diagnostics as well.

tower-diagnostics-20240430-1831.zip

you are indeed right. I am using USB manager and for some reason, all devices are OK before i start they array (meaning my flash drive is marked as flash, cannot be passed on to VM). However as soon as I start the array, USB is passed to the VM. I tried removing USB manager plugin, but it keeps passing the flash drive regardless. Any ideas? I am not passing any USB to any device directly in the VM configuration.

Right. But the problem I have is that all USB mappings under USB seem OK. However as soon as I start VM service, flash drive gets passed to the VM. And once that happens, I am unable to enter docker/vm settings. My only chance then is to reboot the server and start again from scratch.

30 minutes ago, stefan.tomko said:

I am using USB manager and for some reason, all devices are OK before i start they array (meaning my flash drive is marked as flash, cannot be passed on to VM). However as soon as I start the array, USB is passed to the VM.

That's strange, maybe @SimonFcan help