switching licenses

Hello,

I have 2 unraid licenses: 1 pro and 1 plus.

The pro is attached to my main server (8 devices attached) and the plus to my backup server (11 devices attached).

On my main server i use big drives (16TB) and on my backup server i have a mix of 4 and 6TB drives. I can only add 1 drive to backup server.

Can i switch licenses between servers ? 

48 minutes ago, caplam said:

Hello,

I have 2 unraid licenses: 1 pro and 1 plus.

The pro is attached to my main server (8 devices attached) and the plus to my backup server (11 devices attached).

On my main server i use big drives (16TB) and on my backup server i have a mix of 4 and 6TB drives. I can only add 1 drive to backup server.

Can i switch licenses between servers ? 

The licence is tied to the flash drive used to boot Unraid so in that sense you cannot move it between the flash drives.

What you CAN do is copy the config folder (except for the licence file) between the two flash drives to transfer the settings.   The config folder contains all the settings you have made so doing that would swap the settings over.   After doing that you can then move the flash drives between the servers to get the setting appropriate to a particular server.  Make a backup of the flash drives first just to avoid accidentally making a mistake when copying the 'config ' folders.

• Thanks 1