Mac stuck on "Preparing to copy" for only a few folders

Hi, all,

After using the trial for a month and really liking Unraid, I bought the license back in February. It was working great for a time....until it wasn't. Disk access was fine for a while, but then got insanely slow. I transferred a bunch of YT movie trailers to the server and when I tried playing them back, last week th.....e....y.....wou....ld..playbac....k......slo.....wly. These are not large files, they're like 89MB movie trailers. The server did not behave this way when I first set it up. HD temperatures are low (32-35C, fans next to the drives and in the back), and no warnings from the Dashboard - everything is green.

But the crux of the problem came last night when I was trying to make a backup of some important files onto an external HD via my Mac. Finder would say "Preparing to copy" for over an hour for 110 small files. Since the external hard drive connected to my Mac is shared, I used my Windows gaming rig to copy from Unraid to the external drive and it worked fine. Yes, I have Mac support turned on. So, I had to quit the Finder since it was stuck. I tried a few other folders which worked, but others still came back with "Preparing to copy" for a long period of time. Unbelievable.

I'm just done with Unraid. I've had external HDs hooked up to my nVidia Shield Pro with SMB for 4 years with no issues, but it doesn't support raids which is why I built the Unraid server in the first place.