External hard disk case shelf

Has anyone used one these  DIY acrylic hard drive bracket shelves? Price seems tempting.

Mounting external from the computer's case, I suspect one would use an HBA card, connecting the HBA to an external sata port bracket via SFF 8087 to sata cables. And then from the external sata bracket to the external hard drives e-sata cables.

Other than using a regular  power supply and connecting the green and black power cables (going from memory as I did this over 15 years ago) to use the power supply externally without a mobo, is there a power supply available that is light power and can drive multiple hard drives? Or some other solution to provide power to the hard drives on the shelf?

Thanks kindy....

PS: I originally mis-posted this into an existing thread which was mistake on my part.

AliExpress.JPG

eSata bracket.JPG

I basically just did this same thing - I have a laser cutter and a stack of free acrylic and it was still cheaper/easier to buy an atx case from Amazon with a 500w PSU already installed ($35 on Amazon warehouse.)

I mounted (8) drives in here. I connected the green/black wires and also soldered some additional sata connectors to make sure I had enough power for drives.

I used 2x SF-8088 to SATA cables from my server hba and plugged them directly into the drives without any additional expander or adapter card.

Everything showed up in Unraid and I didn't even need to reboot. It was easy as hell.