Can't add cache drive - says it's unmountable.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Posted (edited)

Okay, so I'm trying to add an SSD to the cache pool. It was a drive used in my previous Windows 10 system and was formatted as such. I turned destructive mode "on" with the unassigned devices plugin, removed the existing partitions, started the array and tried to format while adding the cache drive.

It gives me the error of:

Unmountable: Unsupported or no file system

Screenshot2024-05-13at9_30_09AM.thumb.png.b12fd9452c6845ee0cd80f8241d52f1e.png
I've attached the diagnostic log.

Any ideas?

fileserver-diagnostics-20240513-1449.zip

Edited by csimpson
Posted (edited)

So I added the cache drive and tried to follow Space Invaders video but the "Included Disks: Prefer" doesn't seem to be there with or without the cache disk installed.  

Either way, I invoked the mover and I do see the side of the cache pool growing, but it's super slow.... 3.5GB in an hour or so. It seems odd to me that it's so slow and mover is still running.

Screenshot2024-05-14at9_27_20AM.thumb.png.100218801a602c75af7b5cd8ab921a58.png

Here's a dashboard of my settings. I tried to copy a 30GB file to my share and it didn't seem to use the cache drive.  Not sure what I'm missing and space invaders video is 7 years old. 

Screenshot2024-05-14at9_28_00AM.thumb.png.eda3b2186b38d6593864f09539c390b6.png

There are a lot of files for plex. A couple hundred thousand thumbnails, etc but this seems slow? Any insight or should I just be patient?

Edited by csimpson