Need help troubleshooting unclean shutdown

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

For the past couple of months, my Unraid server has not been shutting down cleanly and I can't figure out why. Any time I try to shutdown, the system disappears from my network, but the power stays on and I have to manually shut it down by pressing and holding the power button. This triggers a parity check and I'm afraid this will eventually destroy my hard drives. I'm new to Unraid and need help figuring out the root cause and how to fix it. Attached is my diagnostics. Please let me know if there's anything else needed to figure this out, and thank you in advance for your assistance!

unraidplex-diagnostics-20240518-0626.zip

So this is the weirdest thing. After 2 or 3 months of this issue occurring when I didn't have time to work on it, now that I finally am trying to figure it out it just fixed itself! I used to consistently fail every time, but now I've tried shutdowns and reboots without any issue. I'm happy it is fixed (for now), but I'm also frustrated that I have no idea why.

Thank you for your time/help JorgeB! I'll mark this as solved and circle back on a new thread if this occurs again later on.

• Like 1