Price – localised, or just US dollars?

Go to solution Solved by ChatNoir,

The website just says "$", but many countries use "$" or "dollars". It's unclear if the pricing is in my local currency, or if it actually means US dollars. I'd assume a local currency, but I've been caught out by this before and want to avoid foreign currency charges.

• Solution
1 minute ago, danpalmer said:

The website just says "$", but many countries use "$" or "dollars". It's unclear if the pricing is in my local currency, or if it actually means US dollars. I'd assume a local currency, but I've been caught out by this before and want to avoid foreign currency charges.

Pretty sure it is charged as USD.

1 minute ago, ChatNoir said:

Pretty sure it is charged as USD.

Thanks for confirming. Would be good if Unraid could include the currency on the checkout page. I understand $ for shorthand on the pricing page, but at the point of paying it would be good to be clear!

• 2 months later...

Came here looking for this exact information. It would be good if the website was updated to reflect the actual currency you'll be charged in. No mentioned of it anywhere from what I've been able to see... not even in the FAQs.

$249 sounds great... but when you convert that to AUD (my local currency) it's closer to $400!

From the Euro zone, when I see $, I generally automatically translate to USD (especially for an American company). But that's the risk with currency that sound so similar and are rarely used with their appropriate short name (AUD, CAD, etc.)

One way to clarify the pricing page would be to actually use the proper currency code : USD.