Help ID Container maxing docker.img

Posted (edited)

Rebuilt my machine not long ago, and added some new dockers. Namely Jellyfin, Immich, PostgreSQL_Immich.

I woke up this morning to alerts from unRAID regarding docker.img dusk utilization.

3:18am it hit 93%

4:09am 94%

4:57am 95%

6:01am 96%

I immediately stopped all Dockers. I have a 20GB .img file.
According to Docker Volume Info :

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 17.86GiB devid 1 size 20.00GiB used 19.52GiB path /dev/loop2

Total to scrub: 18.27GiB Rate: 0.00B/s Error summary: no errors found

I've attached Container Size Report.
I read over the Docker FAQ, but still have a few questions.

My Jellyfin Media library is quite large.

Lots of photos & videos for Immich as well.

Jellyfin had been added about a month ago. Was previously using Kodi.

Immich added a couple of weeks ago.

Questions :

1. How do I increase the size of my Docker.img file?
  2. How do I determine which Docker was performing write actions through the night?
  3. If it is log files, can I simply add the line to each container as per this Docker FAQ?
  4. If it is not log files, how can I determine what container is using up all the extra space?

Thanks for your help follow unRAID fans!

docker.png

Containers.png

Edited by MediaMaan
Add link to Docker FAQ
4 hours ago, JonathanM said:

I think I saw someone complaining about immich filling their image, might want to read through the support thread for that container.

To enlarge the image, stop the docker service, go to settings, docker, and change the size.

Well, I restarted Jellyfin server and Krusader. Disk usage from this morning to now has increased to 99%.

It can only be one of these 2 culprits. I'm guessing Jellyfin.

From the Jellyfin Docker logs I am seeing :

[09:38:30] [INF] [33] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/Music/The Ultimate Christmas Album/26 - Dion - Please Come Home For Christmas.mp3" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_format
[09:38:30] [INF] [33] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/Music/The Ultimate Christmas Album/25 - The Beach Boys - Frosty The Snowman.mp3" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_format
[09:38:30] [INF] [24] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/Music/The Ultimate Christmas Album/43 - Johnny Maestro & The Brooklyn Bridge - Christmas Serenade.mp3" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_format
[09:38:30] [INF] [33] MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding.Encoder.MediaEncoder: Starting /usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffprobe with args -analyzeduration 200M -probesize 1G -i file:"/data/movies/Music/The Ultimate Christmas Album/33 - Harry Simeone Chorale - Little Drummer Boy.mp3" -threads 0 -v warning -print_format json -show_streams -show_format
[09:38:35] [INF] [27] Jellyfin.Plugin.KodiSyncQueue.EntryPoints.LibrarySyncNotification: Started library sync
[09:38:38] [INF] [27] Jellyfin.Plugin.KodiSyncQueue.EntryPoints.LibrarySyncNotification: Library Sync: Updated 98 items

Looks to me like it is reencoding all my music for some reason, and saving the new encodes in the container perhaps?

Anyway, I'll refer to the specific container Docker support page and see what I can find out.

I remembered I just switched Jellyfin dockers when I upgraded the hardware. This container behaves differently than the former it seems...

Thanks for the tip on resizing the img file.