PC Monitor on unRAID?

phenixdragon

Has anyone checked this out? http://mobilepcmonitor.com/ I have it setup on my Windows 7 MC box and it works really well. I was trying to get it install on my unRAID server but I am getting this following error:

Welcome to PC Monitor version 1.0 (build 10910)

For support please visit www.mobilepcmonitor.com or send an email to [email protected]

Enter the installation path [/opt/pcmonitor]:

Enter the user that will be used to run PC Monitor [root]:

Enter the group that will be used to run PC Monitor [root]:

Unrecognized startup system, cannot install as daemon.

./install: line 57: [: root:$1$0QS04Tpe$Jd43rhz64qLorn63AygO1/:0:0::/root:/bin/bash: binary operator expected

./install: line 61: [: too many arguments

./install: line 65: sudo: command not found

Unable to find java version, please verify that java is installed correctly.

I did go to the unmenu and installed JRE along with setting it to start, or was it install?, on reboot. I'm not a Linux person so I'm not really sure what I am doing incorrectly and what I need to do.

The more experience can probably give you better approach.

I would try to understand any dependencies. Make sure those are available to unRaid. Install or possibly compile and install if anything is needed.  It looks like the only dependency is java but I could be mistaken.

Next I would reverse engineer the install script. Since you’re new to Linux this is going to take some learning on your part but the install script is only 127 lines. It’s not big at all. Me thinks it’s doable but it might be a stretch for some.

You can use 7-Zip to open the package and get to it's contents. Maybe copy the pieces over manually and try to start the app from a shell after java is installed. See if this is even going to work at all. If you get this far the script should be easy to create.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but just installed PCMonitor successfully on my machine using the following steps:

1. installed JRE via unMenu, set it to automatically install after restart

2. tar -xf pcmonitor.tar.gz

3. ./pcmonitor/install, setting the install path to "/mnt/cache/apps/pcmonitor", other parameters left untouched.

4. when asked if I'd like to run the pcmonitor-manager, answer "No" (don't have the needed GUI for that)

5. added "/mnt/cache/apps/pcmonitor/bin/pcmonitor start" at the end of /boot/config/go file

That's it... as simple as that.

If anyone can make this into a plugin, simplifying even more, it'll be a welcome addition to all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

Thank you very much for the post. Do you have an alternative for those that do not have UnMenu? I have installed it and installed java but it didn't work. Likewise why I tried to install Java manually (Linux novice).

Thanks in advance. :)

Sorry to revive an old thread, but just installed PCMonitor successfully on my machine using the following steps:

1. installed JRE via unMenu, set it to automatically install after restart

2. tar -xf pcmonitor.tar.gz

3. ./pcmonitor/install, setting the install path to "/mnt/cache/apps/pcmonitor", other parameters left untouched.

4. when asked if I'd like to run the pcmonitor-manager, answer "No" (don't have the needed GUI for that)

5. added "/mnt/cache/apps/pcmonitor/bin/pcmonitor start" at the end of /boot/config/go file

That's it... as simple as that.

If anyone can make this into a plugin, simplifying even more, it'll be a welcome addition to all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived