Losing connection to the Unraid server / NIC Link is Down

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi!
I've recently ran into the issue that I keep losing connection to my Unraid server and have to replug the ethernet cable to get it back online.

From some logs it seems that the NIC Link is going down. Sometimes it recovers by itself. At 10:30 I replugged the ethernet cable going into the server (motherboard), which also temporarily fixes the issue.
https://pastebin.com/Acg7QAWY

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B760-I GAMING WIFI Mini ITX
Unraid OS: 6.12.10

Licence: Unraid OS Pro

While making this post I realised that I haven't applied the universal fix yet, so I've now restarted the server (it had been 21 days), will keep you posted if anything changes.

Please do let me know what other information and logs I can provide. I'm pretty noobish with Linux stuff and debugging Unraid issues (since I haven't really had any until now), so more thorough instructions for getting specific logs would be helpful.

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 12:16 PM, JorgeB said:

Yes, try a different cable and switch port.

Well this seems to have fixed it... I'm both annoyed that it's a hardware issue which now requires testing wall ports and cables in walls and also happy that I don't need to look for the issue anymore. I've marked your answer as solution assuming that the problem does not reappear and it's not just a

"lucky" long streak.

Edited by Ra5mu5
added more details