Need Guidance - mnt/cache/appdata

Go to solution Solved by dubbleb,

Hi Unraiders,

I recently replaced a failed cache drive that stores my appdata for all docker containers.  Now I am trying to get everything back up and running.  I know it is recommended to point Plex to operate out of the cache drive /mnt/cache/appdata.

I am curious how do I verify what drive is being pointed to when using /mnt/cache/appdata?  The reason I ask is when trying to restore the appdata tar file I had some how it reported that the drive ran out of space.  The drive is 1 TB in size and my appdata is only 170GB decompressed, so I know that is not possible.  I do however have a small cache drive and am wondering if some how when the appdata share was deleted if the link some how changed?

Any guidance on the command to show what this directory string /mnt/cache/appdata is pointing to?

I have 3 drives under pool.  One is dedicated to docker, one to VMs and the other a small cache drive for downloads.

/mnt/cache is the pool named cache

/mnt/disk1 is the disk in slot 1 of the classic array

/mnt/user is the combined view of the root folders on the participating disks and pools

5 minutes ago, dubbleb said:

The drive is 1 TB in size

What is the pool name that it is assigned to?

Okay, then if I have a different pool name than "cache" that will not work for me correct? 

The docker drive is in a pool named "Cache_nvme".  Im assuming I should point the docker appdata to /mnt/Cache_nvme/appdata, is that correct?

Yes, if you write to a pool name that does not exist, you will end up writing to RAM, which is gone after a reboot.

2 minutes ago, dubbleb said:

The docker drive is in a pool named "Cache_nvme".  Im assuming I should point the docker appdata to /mnt/Cache_nvme/appdata, is that correct?

exactly