Slow ZFS Pool via SMB

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

I have 15x SSD 870 evo plugged to an HBA 9500 16i card.

I have configured a zfs pool in RAIDz1 with only 1 vdev.

I get via SMB 500mo/s with a 10gbe link.

I also have a synology with 8x HDD RAID5 + NVMe caching, with the same client i get 1,2go/s....

I try to create a ZFS pool with 4x NVMe in raid0 and i get 600mo/s.....

What am i missing please ?

Edited by RaptorBeaver

Thanks JorgeB, i tried some dd commands, i get 9GB/s reading and 5GB/s writing so i guess the pool is working well i need to tune my smb.

Still waiting for my 25GB NIC that's why i try to push more speed, because basically you're write with 10gbe it's useless to have this kind of pool.

I try to understand how exclusive shares and disk shares works, the documentation is very small regardins that, do you have some readings about it ? Just to understand what changed ?

Thanks for your help

1 hour ago, RaptorBeaver said:

I try to understand how exclusive shares and disk shares works

The only thing you probably need to know is that both of these by-pass the Fuse layer that Unraid uses to provide a unified view of a share across multiple drives thus removing the overhead of going through this extra layer.   This is know to give better performance.

I don't understand... while i'm trying to move files from one ZFS pool (nvme raid0 x4) to other pool (ssd raidz1 x15) netdata tell me that my max speed is 2GB/s... In this case it's not about the network and not about SMB... Seems very slow regarding the setup of both pool....