Noob help needed after a power cut :(

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi people

I am new to the world of unraid but managed to get my first server up and running using the basic package and all seemed to be working well until....

I had a power cut and now after powering on the server again the Webgui doesn't work from other machines on the network.

So I attached a HDMI cable up to see what was going on and it just isn't booting at all, the PC sees the USB Drive and gives me the option to boot from it but then nothing at all happens on the screen it just stays black.

How do I get it to boot again?

Any advice much appreciated.

9 minutes ago, Squirrel77 said:

Ok thanks, will putting the usb in another PC and dragging and dropping its contents to a folder be an adequate backup?

Yes.

As mentioned the important part is making sure you have a copy of the 'config' folder as that contains your licence file and all your specific settings.

OK thanks,

I think my USB stick maybe on its way out as when I inserted it into my Windows PC it said a 'problem has been detected with this drive scan now to repair' which I did but Windows detected no errors.....

So I am trying to recreate the USB now.