I'm at my wits end with these daily reboots! Please Help!

10 hours ago, guiper said:

Same thing here!!! Getting rid of the smart switch apparently solved the issue and no more shutdowns! 4 days without any issues, which is a record!  

Strange that there was another PC on the same smart switch (mostly on standby) that didn't get impacted with any shutdowns... probably the load around 30-40W triggers the issue...

Thanks for helping sorting out the issue, I would take a while to get there. 

haha i was just coming here to say! I am going on 3 days so far, no reboots.. I think we may have a winner!

Oh. My. God. I'm so glad I just now found this post!

I have been struggling with random reboots on my new server, about once every second week. I've been removing one memory stick at a time and got a new crash today so that couldn't be it. I was just about to switch to another PSU for testing when I found this post. I have a Shelly Plug S plugged between my server and the UPS, and even another one between the wall and my UPS. It seems very possible that this is the problem! I can't believe I didn't think of this myself.

Fingers crossed :)

3 hours ago, knewtsson said:

Oh. My. God. I'm so glad I just now found this post!

I have been struggling with random reboots on my new server, about once every second week. I've been removing one memory stick at a time and got a new crash today so that couldn't be it. I was just about to switch to another PSU for testing when I found this post. I have a Shelly Plug S plugged between my server and the UPS, and even another one between the wall and my UPS. It seems very possible that this is the problem! I can't believe I didn't think of this myself.

Fingers crossed :)

I was just about to update, my reboots are GONE.. After over a year of daily reboots it was the damn SMARTPLUG.. Grrrr... Seems a lot of people may be using some kind of smartplug. I can't believe it took me this long to realize it.. I guess when you have a server rack in a closet you rarely go behind it then forget about it =( but either way, it seems I am finally clear of this issue.. 

Hoping your results are the same! @guiper You still good too?

• Like 1
On 7/16/2024 at 11:48 PM, Dro said:

I was just about to update, my reboots are GONE.. After over a year of daily reboots it was the damn SMARTPLUG.. Grrrr... Seems a lot of people may be using some kind of smartplug. I can't believe it took me this long to realize it.. I guess when you have a server rack in a closet you rarely go behind it then forget about it =( but either way, it seems I am finally clear of this issue.. 

Hoping your results are the same! @guiper You still good too?

Unfortunately I just had another reboot. This did not resolve my problem :(

I'll replace the PSU.

5 hours ago, knewtsson said:

Unfortunately I just had another reboot. This did not resolve my problem :(

I'll replace the PSU.

Has to be your PSU then. I’m still rock solid.