Constantly Starting Services & Writing to Flash

Go to solution Solved by Squid,

As above my unraid server has been running fine for 2+ years. Recently I added some new services Deluge - Sonarr - Radarr - Overseerr and removed QBittorrent and this was running fine for a week or so, I noticed accessing the network shares on my desktop was a bit slow but thought nothing of it, though I think I did see "Starting services" constantly appearing in the bottom left. Yesterday the USB that I run Unraid on packed up and died, I think this is due to every time this "starting services" event happens it writes to the drive and over the course of the week that killed it. Now logs are taking up 60% of RAM and the Proc never goes below 20% usage, previously it lived at 2-3% most of the time 

I'm pretty much a noob to this so dumbing things down might help me, all ideas as to why this is happening are welcome

Thanks,
Gen

Sisyphus Log.txt sisyphus-diagnostics-20240706-1407.zip

• Solution

You have a share named "appdata:"  This is messing up the system because the ":" is an invalid character on the flash drive

Your default appdata location in docker settings is correct, but you've got likely a docker container referencing a host path of /mnt/user/appdata:  Edit each of the containers and change that offending path to be /mnt/user/appdata without the ending colon