Gigabyte Z790 UD AC won't POST or boot to BIOS

Hey Everyone,

Just finished a new build and when I turn on the computer it won't POST or boot to Bios. The CPU light on the motherboard is on and I have run out of ideas...

Build as follows:

1. Mobo: GIGABYTE Z790 UD AC
  2. CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K Desktop Processor 14 cores (6 P-cores + 8 E-cores) 24M Cache, up to 5.1 GHz
  3. CPU Air Cooler: Thermaltake Gravity i3 Intel LGA 1700 cocket, 95W CPU Cooler CL-P094-AL09WT-A
  4. RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL36 Intel XMP iCUE Compatible Computer Memory (4 sticks)
  5. PSU: GIGABYTE GP-UD1000GM 1000W 80 Plus Gold Certified Fully Modular Power Supply

I have no GPU yet as I was going to run with the IGPU to start.

This is for an Unraid build but I have not moved the HDD's or UNRAID boot drive from my other machine yet. But I should be able to POST and see bios w/o this.

I have tried to flash update the BIOS and from what I can see it was successful or at least seemed to run the full cycle and power down the power supply. But even after this, I restart and the CPU light is on right away. I have also tried turning it all off and starting with one stick of memory in A1 and again with one stick in A2, no difference... I am at loss.

I opened a tech support ticket with Gigabyte but no response yet and from what I can see on various Reddit threads this can take a while.

I open to any and all suggestions... this just does not make any sense to me at all.

36 minutes ago, DarB said:

Hey Everyone,

Just finished a new build and when I turn on the computer it won't POST or boot to Bios. The CPU light on the motherboard is on and I have run out of ideas...

Build as follows:

1. Mobo: GIGABYTE Z790 UD AC
  2. CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K Desktop Processor 14 cores (6 P-cores + 8 E-cores) 24M Cache, up to 5.1 GHz
  3. CPU Air Cooler: Thermaltake Gravity i3 Intel LGA 1700 cocket, 95W CPU Cooler CL-P094-AL09WT-A
  4. RAM: CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL36 Intel XMP iCUE Compatible Computer Memory (4 sticks)
  5. PSU: GIGABYTE GP-UD1000GM 1000W 80 Plus Gold Certified Fully Modular Power Supply

I have no GPU yet as I was going to run with the IGPU to start.

This is for an Unraid build but I have not moved the HDD's or UNRAID boot drive from my other machine yet. But I should be able to POST and see bios w/o this.

I have tried to flash update the BIOS and from what I can see it was successful or at least seemed to run the full cycle and power down the power supply. But even after this, I restart and the CPU light is on right away. I have also tried turning it all off and starting with one stick of memory in A1 and again with one stick in A2, no difference... I am at loss.

I opened a tech support ticket with Gigabyte but no response yet and from what I can see on various Reddit threads this can take a while.

I open to any and all suggestions... this just does not make any sense to me at all.

If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working have you connected the CPU power as well as the ATX? 

image.png

16 minutes ago, SimonF said:

If the CPU/DRAM/VGA LED is on, that means the corresponding device is not working have you connected the CPU power as well as the ATX? 

image.png

I did not have the CPU power connected initially, but read this in sub-reddit thread yesterday. I actually thought that would solve the issue, but upon connecting the CPU power there was no change. 

41 minutes ago, SimonF said:

have you connected the 8 and the 4?

So, one question that has me slightly worried... Again I need to check this when I get home, but if this is not all connected correctly, would it cause damage?