IP Conflict - possibly Docker configuration related?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I replied to this post earlier in the week but no traction so thought I'd start a new thread.

I've got a Ubiquity DM-SE router and it's reporting an IP conflict with my UnRAID server IP:

image.png.debdeceb337d2644bd8bc7d10ab5fed6.png

Doing an ifconfig from a terminal window shows this with respect to the MAC address with the conflict:

image.png.ae9b51f6c4e52c81f8bdc76cd61dc7d6.png

I tried removing vhost0 from the GUI but no luck plus I noticed I have the same route (192.168.1.0/24) with 2 different gateways (vhost0 and bond0):

image.thumb.png.7c2520c0f6adc9ba7a1d39768cee88e7.png

How do I figure out what setting is causing the IP conflict or is this to be expected (doesn't seem it like should be)? Thanks

Edited by betaman
  • Solution

I believe this is normal with Ubiquity equipment if you have bridging disabled, if you are on v6.12.10 try bridging enabled with ipvlan, with 7.0.0-beta you should be able to use macvlan with bridiging enabled without issues.

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

I believe this is normal with Ubiquity equipment if you have bridging disabled, if you are on v6.12.10 try bridging enabled with ipvlan, with 7.0.0-beta you should be able to use macvlan with bridiging enabled without issues.

Thanks for the response. I'm on v6.12.10 so I tried enabling bridging in network settings and I did a reboot of the server. I was still showing 2 MAC addresses with different IPs but now it seems to be "fixed". One address showing but I don't recognize the MAC address (it's 72:cd:fe:eb:3e:49 which is not the MAC address of the eth0 port on my server). Perhaps it's related to the bridging (see pic):

image.png.6df306aacb08942cb83d31d501aade84.png

Edited by betaman
Posted (edited)

The other thing is I can't assign a fixed IP address (reservation) to this new MAC address because the UDM-SE thinks it's still tied to the prior setting. Do I need to reverse the bridging, remove fixed IP from the original MAC address and then re-enable bridging etc.?

EDIT: Probably not a huge deal since I have the static IP assigned in UnRAID but I guess I'm just anal...haha

Edited by betaman
  • 2 weeks later...