Help installing

Hope someone can assist with a brand new install attempt  by a Unraid novice. Everything OK until I try and install when it thows an error as follow:

Checking  /dev/sda1

fsck.fat 4.2 (2021-01-31)

FAT-fs  (sda1) : bogus number of reserved sectors

FAT-fs  (sda1) : Can't find a valid FAT filesystem

mount :boot: wrong fs type

From there it fails and asks to reboot. This is an old HP microserver Im trying to install on to an SSD .

Any assistance much appreciated because I have no idea how to proceed.

The Unraid OS is contained in archives on the boot flash. These archives are unpacked fresh at each boot into RAM and the OS runs completely in RAM. Think of it as firmware. The boot flash also contains settings from the webUI (your configuration) so these can be reapplied at boot to that fresh OS. None of the OS installs to any of your storage.

I'm trying to install the OS onto a bootable USB.  I have a new USB drive. The UnRaid USB installer says the USB disk does not have guid.   Not sure how to fix.

It apparently has 2 partitions, one small partition, maybe reserved for something I don't really know, and also a larger partition for data storage.  I deleted this partition/volume.  Didn't work.   I tried using CMD to clean the disk and create a partition primary.  Did not work.

any advice appreciated.