Recommended UPS

Hypknox

New build (first time build) and secure data is crucial so I'm considering a UPS at this point.  I'm not entirely sure how likely a lose of power would result in a negative effect to the unRAID server and just how severe.

Is it even recommended to leave your unRAID powered on 24/7 or is it better to peform a power down when it's not in use from the "main" tab in the unRAID web management page?

If the answer is leave it running, and a UPS is highly suggested does anyone recommend a certain model UPS for a 15 green drive system?

UPS is essentual - many members without UPSs have had big problems after a hard shutdown during a power loss e.g.:

It won't totally protect you - things do go wrong, but after my initial build it was my very next purchase.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=15838.msg147194#msg147194 - here is a list of good UPS choices from a very similar question before.  If you stick to an APC unit, then you can interface it to the APCUPSD package which will soft-shutdown the server in the event of a power failure.

Archived