Where do you install Sabnzbd, Sickbeard and Couchpotato, if using free version

jang430

If on the free version I would probably go to the trouble of getting SNAP set up and configured and using the drive it mounts to install all my apps on.

It could even be another USB drive, so long as you are not running the apps from the USB drive with unRAID on it.

I have a similar question on the other thread, and it was suggested I get a small drive and mount it with a go script. 

If I don't intend to add drive, I was told before that I can have it installed on one of the disks, e.g. disk1 or disk2.  Will this be healthy?  I won't be installing it to one of the shares on the array because it takes a long time for the share to come up, and by that time, usually, sb/ cp/ or sab will consider the configuration missing.

I use a 1tb ultraportable external drive for my "downloader" server that runs the free version.  I mount it using SNAP and have all the necessary bits and pieces in my go script to start up the services on boot.  I followed the wiki guide for installing python servers (or something to that effect) and just modified the directories to the name of my SNAP drive.  I also added headphones into the mix (which is not in the guide), which was even easy for a Linux rookie (which I most certainly am).

Archived