unRaid 4.7: Need help with a Volume Maping

Hello All...

Long time no type.  Hope you all are well. (Hi Joe!  See you in Nov.)

Ok, this is what I am trying to do.  I use CrashPlan for backup running on a Win7 Machine.  I want to map a drive as drive S to access my unRAID server.  This I can do without issue when you map it to a user share (Volume).  IE... Music  However...what I really want to do is to be able to see all my shares (volumes) with one drive mapping.

So like...  use net s: \\server\myshares  Where inside myshares I can see my real shares Music, Videos, Documents, etc...  (myshares would be a virtual alias or whatever.)

Did I say that right?  Hope so.  So, I was hoping their was a command I could server side to make one virtual share (volume) that acts like a real share where the other shares show up in it.  So then I can map one drive letter to a volume and see it all.  (I could not find a way to just go to the server without a volume to mount to.)

Not even sure this can be done and I will just need to map multi drives.  But thought I would ask some of the pros here.

Thank you kindly.

David

David,

It is actually very easy to add a "share" that encompasses all your others.

Put the attached smb-extra.conf file in your config folder on the flash drive.

It has just two lines in it:

[myshares]

path = /mnt/user

It will create a new additional share, named "myshares" that contains within it the other share directories you've defined.

Then, if you do not see the share on the windows machine soon thereafter, you can force the config/smb-extra.conf file to be evaluated by typing:

smbcontrol smbd reload-config

It will also be automatically be evaluated every time you start the array.

You should be able to copy the new .conf file into place from windows by downloading it using the path

\\server\flash\config\smb-extra.conf

If the smb-extra.conf file already exists because of an existing customization, add those two lines (shown above) to the end of it.

Joe L.

smb-extra.conf