ESXi Blues

dikkiedirk

Alright, so to be specific, non-passthrough (virtual) RDM's are limited to 2T.  Passthrough (physical) RDM's are not.  This all assumes you are running VMFS 5, which of course you should be if you've installed ESXi 5.0, though there is the possibility to choose VMFS 3 instead.

From what I understand though, based on what I have read (so happy to be corrected), passthrough (physical) RDM's of >2TB are only achievable when using shared storage.

Alright, so to be specific, non-passthrough (virtual) RDM's are limited to 2T.  Passthrough (physical) RDM's are not.  This all assumes you are running VMFS 5, which of course you should be if you've installed ESXi 5.0, though there is the possibility to choose VMFS 3 instead.

From what I understand though, based on what I have read (so happy to be corrected), passthrough (physical) RDM's of >2TB are only achievable when using shared storage.

While the physical setting is typically only used with shared storage, it can be used on any storage. unRAID will not be issuing any SAN commands.

Archived