June 16Jun 16 Good afternoon,I moved (successfully) my boot from a USB drive to a raid1 SSD pool.I now have an internal NVME I want to move it to... but I'm getting a few errors with the wizard.Specifically:BOOT_ELIGIBLE_FALSE The system reported that storage boot is not eligible.ENABLE_BOOT_TRANSFER_DISABLED Boot transfer is disabled by the current system state.Not sure how to move forward with these errors.Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.
June 16Jun 16 Community Expert Solution You can use this: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/198440-73xx-version-moving-boot-drive-nvmessd-to-another-drive-nvmessd/#findComment-1619744
June 16Jun 16 Author Thanks for the link @JorgeB Just so I get this straight... I need to create a new bootable flash drive (can it be the one I recently transferred off of to move to internal boot, or will that cause license issues?).Create and mount the newly created flash drive to the currently running unraid and copy the /boot/config folder to itBoot the "new" flash drive, then run the wizard to remove the old boot pool and create the new one.
June 16Jun 16 Community Expert Why do you want to move from a good RAID1 setup to a single drive? Speed is entirely irrelevant.
June 16Jun 16 Community Expert 7 minutes ago, Soup said:can it be the one I recently transferred off of to move to internal boot, or will that cause license issues?It can be that one.
June 16Jun 16 Author 5 minutes ago, Kilrah said:Why do you want to move from a good RAID1 setup to a single drive? Speed is entirely irrelevant.I came across a spare 256GB NVMe and don't really have anything else to do with it.The system is an OptiPlex SFF that doesn't really have a way to properly mount the 2 x SSD's. I want to move the SSD's to my MD1200, but it doesn't look like I can boot off of them if it's there.
September 6Sep 6 @Soup @JorgeB Hijacking this thread, because i want todo a similar thing on my unraid server, but the other way arround.Hope this is ok, otherwise, just let me know and i move the content over there and link it here.Currently i am using 7.3.2 with an single nvme SSD, internal boot and cache on it, working flawless, since it was released.Now i have two SATA 1TB SSD's which i want to use in an raid 1 (for redundency of the internal/boot cache pool).My plan is:Use the mentioned USB method to boot unraid from USB: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/198440-73xx-version-moving-boot-drive-nvmessd-to-another-drive-nvmessd/#findComment-1619744create new raid1 (boot!?) pool with the wizard (planning on using zfs for boot and xfs for cache) and migrate my boot to it and rebootremove the previous internal boot partition (is this possible, if yes how?), leave the cache as it is.stop array, docker & vmcopy current /mnt/cache /mnt/cache_new (rsync with acl's...)assign the /mnt/cache_new to the shares (replacing /mnt/cache)start array, docker & vm...and hope the best... 😀Or is there another way for archiving my goal?I am a little bit scared to mess something up.Thanks a lot.
September 6Sep 6 Update:Checked my Mainboard (Gigabyte H610i) and realized it just has 4x SATA ports.3x of them already in use by the array, so i will ditch my plan for now 😅Sorry, for hijacking this thread.
September 7Sep 7 Just an follow-up in this thread, which fits my needs better: https://forums.unraid.net/topic/199012-not-possible-to-add-a-second-internal-boot-device-after-already-configuring-internal-boot/#findComment-1635923
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.