Attempting my first UnRAID Server

I'm building a Home Theater Server for all my movies and some data storage. I will be starting off with 3-4 HDD's and add more as I see fit. With a ton of help from Raj and the design basis of GFOviedo's server as a starting off point, this is what I've come up with:

CPU: AMD Sempron 2.8GHz

Mobo: ECS A885GM-A2 V1.1

RAM: G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 1066 F2-8500CL5s-1GBPK x2

PSU: Corsair CX500 V2 500W

HDD: Still unsure but leaning towards Hitachi or WD

Case: AZZA Helios 910

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I will keep this updated with pics as the build progresses.

James

Looks like a solid build.

Don't forget a flash drive.

Buy your disks one at a time to avoid increased risk of getting a bad unit. This is third hand info; it's never happened to me.

Think about a small UPS. I have a APC BE550G on a server running ten disks.

If it's going to be in the same room as tv watching, think about replacing the case fans with some super high-end-near-silent models. Noctua NF-P12 is highly recommended at ~$65 for three... :o

I forgot the flash drive :o Good idea about the UPS even though I've never had a problem, knock on wood. The server will be located in our office, as I already have a HTPC I'm using in the living room as well as in our master bdrm. I have a buddy coming over to drop some data lines to the living room and master bdrm, so I will have wired connections through out the house and they will be connected to a TrendNET 5 port switch. Just deciding if I want to run Cat5 or Cat6.

Can't recommend a ups any stronger. It's a must have for your server. Make sure you pair that up with the APC plugin from unMENU so it safely shuts down your server. I've done a few tests simply pulling the plug on my UPS and watched the server shut down on its on without a hitch.