Rsync two unraid boxes

I have searched all around within the forums in order to get rsync schedule on my boxes.  I don't know how to do it that is obvious.  Anyway I know the two rsync commands I want to run - and I want to run them serially one time a day.  Seems simple enough but I want to make sure it will run after a reboot.  Any help advise or pointers would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

Neil

create a new file from your go script that puts the commands in /etc/cron.daily/rsyncdaily

example:

cat <<-EOF > /etc/cron.daily/rsyncdaily
your commands here
EOF

chmod a+x /etc/cron.daily/rsyncdaily

# to run it after a reboot. 
at -f /etc/cron.daily/rsyncdaily now +5 minutes 

Hey I think it was working and then I went and upgraded unraid from 4.7 to rc5 and I think I ran in to a problem.  In my syslog I see this:

Jul  9 11:45:10 Storage crond[1194]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

Often.  Any ideas on what I am screwing up now?

Thanks,

Neil

Hey I think it was working and then I went and upgraded unraid from 4.7 to rc5 and I think I ran in to a problem.  In my syslog I see this:

Jul  9 11:45:10 Storage crond[1194]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

Often.  Any ideas on what I am screwing up now?

Thanks,

Neil

It is not an issue, just an artifact of how 4.7 used the root- crontab vs 5.X

You did not look very hard for the answer though, since it is in a thread about 5 or 6 messages below yours in this same forum.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=21302.0